I love basil pesto pasta! You can buy ready-made pesto from the supermarket, but I would recommend making it at home. It is REALLY quick and easy to make, tastes incredible and is preservative free. Here is a step-by-step guide to perfect pesto for pasta or bruschetta.
I used basil and garlic from Eades of Bath and pinenuts from our local waste-free shop.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 6 FOR PESTO PASTA):
- 2 generous handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10g pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 50g parmesan cheese
- take the basil leaves off the stems and rinse
- remove the skin from the two garlic cloves and roughly chop
- finely grate the parmesan cheese
- in a food processer add the basils, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic cloves and olive oil
- blend until the basil leaves have broken down and everything has combined. If your pesto looks a little dry, add a splash move olive oil or a little warm water
- enjoy with fresh pasta or make delicious bruschetta (recipe coming soon)